Your love story deserves a historic celebration.
In 1785, Christopher Gore married Rebecca Amory Payne. With a little help from Rebecca’s dowry, they got their start, purchasing a beautiful piece of land in the Waltham countryside. Here, the Gores built their lives as well as their dream home. Rebecca designed a stunning mansion surrounded by landscaped lawns and farmland – a true country estate, reminiscent of the grand manors of Europe.
A sophisticated couple of refined taste and social graces, Christopher and Rebecca loved to host parties on their estate. The day’s most famous and stylish members of Boston society attended. Following in the tradition of the Gores’ hospitality, we invite you to create your own historic celebration at Gore Place.
Private events at Gore Place are special. Here’s why:
Close to the city, feels like the country
– Gore Place is just 9 miles from downtown Boston and 12 miles from Logan Airport.
Natural beauty and New England charm
– Where else can you find an oasis in the middle of the city?
Ample free parking
– We have space for large buses, too.
Our 1793 Carriage House
– Our beautiful building was renovated using original materials and updated with modern amenities like central air and WiFi.
Bean bag toss or horseshoes, anyone?
– You can bring lawn games, a great addition for employee and family picnics!
Options for wedding ceremony locations
– Get married on the lawn, inside our 1793 Carriage House, underneath a grove of trees…the list goes on!
Tours of our 1806 mansion with our expert guides
– We can offer your guests a memorable and fun activity.
Unique locations for your photographs
– You’ll never look better on our landscape!
– Your guests can visit our sheep and chickens during your event!